Active volunteers are the backbone of an effective advocacy movement, and Oregon Walks is dependent on the enthusiasm and dedication of its volunteers and members. Thank you for your interest!
There are many ways members can actively advance the needs of pedestrians and the livability of our community.
- Volunteer at community events and presentations, such as neighborhood meetings and transportation forums
- Lend talents such as fundraising, database management, graphics and accounting
- Promote Oregon Walks by signing up new members including family and friends who walk, love walkable communities, and want a stronger voice for pedestrians
- Be informed and speak for pedestrians by reading our quarterly *footnote and email alerts
- Participate at happy hours, meetings and community events
- Represent Oregon Walks and pedestrian needs at project and community meetings
- Support Oregon Walks work program and pedestrian needs by contacting community leaders and providing testimony and written comments on plans and projects
Click here to fill out our volunteer form so we can learn of your volunteer interests.
(Photo credit: Greg Raisman)