Oregon Walks is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit membership organization dedicated to promoting walking and making the conditions for walking safe, convenient and attractive for everyone.
- Walking must be safe.
- Walking should get you there.
- Walking is transportation which builds better communities.
- Walkable communities require careful design.
- Streets shared by pedestrians and others are the best streets.
- Everyone who leaves home is a pedestrian, whether in a wheelchair, stroller, or on foot, even getting to a motor vehicle or mass transit.
Therefore, we advocate for better laws, enhanced enforcement, more sidewalks and signed crosswalks, education programs, community improvements designed for pedestrians, and increased funding to support these activities.